I am in LOVE with Kris Carr's newest book: Crazy, Sexy Diet.
Get it. Read it. Change your eating habits and change your life. I am back in full force...gone are the days of eating like garbage. She gives good arguments about how healthy eating can fight and reverse the course of some diseases. We are a week into green juices (even the kids), fruits, veggies, limited meat (none for me), and zero sugar. OA has even kicked his to-the-grave-diet-soda habit. I am so proud of him.
He has also lost 10 pounds in one week. I have lost 5.
But it's not about being skinny. It's about living a full, healthy life. It's about having the energy and happiness to do life with my children the way they deserve. It's about fueling my body and not poisoning my body. It's about teaching my children that eating healthy is fun, fulfilling, and freeing. 21 Day Vegan Kickstart
I was grocery shopping and realized that the last three years since J's diagnosis have brought healing in more ways than his mind. Every family member is a healthier person because we have learned how insanely linked food/behavior/life are.
I am not saying go embrace a Vegan lifestyle (yet). But at the very minimum avoid sugar and processed foods. Period. Well...and dairy. But that's another rant.
I am actually going to watch an episode of Oprah tomorrow. She and her staff have taken a Vegan challenge for one week. Cannot wait to see Michael Pollan!
Check out a great website to encourage healthier food choices: 21 Day Vegan Kickstart. Great ideas and they are launching another big Kickstart in April.
2 comments:
I'm sorry I missed Oprah today.....
5 lbs....wow! You didn't even 5 to spare!
I can't wait for you to take the kids to see the swans (after it warms up). I went Friday afternoon and the weather was just perfect. They are so pretty, I could have stayed for hours.
you don't have 5 lbs to spare....(just proof read)
Post a Comment