I'm knee deep in adoption books. Reading about the "trials" of adopting an older child leave my mind spinning. The OA and I looked at each other in the middle of our 30 hour training and literally thanked God for autism. I cannot imagine a better boot camp for laying aside all parental expectations and living each moment both good and bad to it's fullest knowing that life is but a series of moments and as fast as one comes on it is soon to be replaced with another.
Since OA and I have decided to adopt, I have stress fractured my foot causing me to be still for over 6 weeks and then to take things VERY slowly as I regain my foot's strength, and I am now under the influence of 3 prescriptions for a wicked kidney infection that has stalled all of my plans to ready my home while I continue to wait for news or at least a call saying our Home Study can be scheduled. I cannot decide if Satan is trying to bind that which God has planned for good OR if God is trying to bind my incessant need to know what's next and teach me once again to wait for His perfect timing.
And the series of moments continues.
How on earth do I sit still and wait patiently for children who have been waiting for only God knows how long to simply have a forever family??
With every second of the clock that ticks away, I feel like it's one more second that has gone by that I haven't been able to let them know that they are so loved and so desired and so being fought for (even if it is "only" on my knees through prayer). That they have a Dad, a Mom, a brother, and a sister who cannot wait to share their lives and that from this day forward they will never ever have to do this life and it's endless series of moments alone again. EVER.
I can't wait for them to build trust in us so that we can subsequently introduce them to their Real and Living Father...may they be able to see Him for who He really is...a God who promises GOOD even to THEM.
So with every single ticking moment I surrender all my hope, fear, frustrations, and impatience to He who also promises to restore all that the locusts have devoured. I know that my wait, the kind I can only do flat on my face, is not in vain because He is busy fighting the battles for our family.
How can my heart be so committed to something that it has never met or even knows about??
My only explanation is: FAITH. And my oh my have I learned so much about His Heart for His Children in this time of wait.
Sigh
1 comment:
Love you! It'll happen we just have to be patient. That or I'm gonna have to visit the adoption specialist office!
Post a Comment