My Quivers

My Quivers

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Eyes Opened

So the Bible is full of many stories about healing. I was always fascinated as a child by the story of the blind man who had to have stuff (to include spit) put over his eyes so that he could see.

I imagine seeing for the fist time would include intense images that would flood your entire being. And then there's the realization of how many things that were initially "felt" or "experienced" by the blind man's hands or body or mind were immediately confronted as his eyes took in the reality?

To see
To see truth
To see light

I imagine that there were many times he would've woken up and forgotten to open his eyes; he would've bumbled and bumped and blundered his way throughout the day because the darkness was all he had ever known. It had actually become comfortable. Walking in hyper-vigilance had kept him alive. Depending on his other senses, no matter how difficult, had gotten him to the healer.

Or did they hinder him?
Were they tools to bring him where he needed to be?
Right place, right time?
Did it even matter?

...Clenched eyes, held breath, high alert....
...Gentle tap of reminder...
...You Can See Now... 

Eyes opened, breaths deep, peace-in-knowing

Healing is a messy business. Rarely does it happen in an instant. And even after the process begins, I imagine that walking in the Healing...in the Light...in the Truth...is sometimes so intense that we find ourselves pushing it away.

Maybe I wish it was my fault?
Maybe I don't want to accept the humanness of those I love?
Maybe I still want to believe I am the broken one?
Maybe it hurts to see the truth through my childlike eyes my very own childishness?
Maybe I really have been bruised by the "footprints of trauma"?
Maybe those footprints are what make me beautiful?
Maybe they are the only thing that sets-me-apart?
Maybe when it's all said-and-done...just maybe...I'll still feel broken?

Maybe, all the maybe's don't matter?

Eyes opened, breaths deep, peace-in-not-knowing.
Eyes opened, breaths deep, peace-in-Knowing.
Eyes opened, breaths deep, peace in the realization that He loves me enough to heal me...me...even me.


...I Can See Now...
...Gentle taps of constant reminders...
...Open eyes, deep breaths, peace-just-peace...

To see
To see Truth
To see Light

No comments: