so, i have been slowly falling in love with Africa for around a year or so...it all started with a book about a boy soldier...and has grown intensely from there.
a dear family the Vanclan from our church has recently returned from Ethiopia with two children they have adopted...fantastic story...i am excited to see the next chapter in their lives!
she has a link on how we can help malnourished children in Africa: urgent need.
i will be honest...i have dreamed of a new pair of running shoes...some flowers for my garden...a new pair of running shoes...one gets the picture...for mother's day...but...i simply cannot justify money being spent on me...we are awful about not tithing regularly...i believe in it...but honestly, it's not a good priority in our life (does God take visa??)...a sad reflection of our spiritual immaturity...but i write this blog to be real...and right now...i feel a strong conviction to at a minimum...sacrifice my mother's day gift in honor of a tiny baby...to help be the answer to some mom's fervent prayers...that maybe...He will magnify my small sacrifice to her soul...maybe she will understand His sacrifice, too...
it is time for my family to stop being baby Christians...whatever that means...God...please, take us to another level...i want so much more...not from You...rather...for You.
2 comments:
Granola ~ you are so sweet. I love your tender heart. I do encourage you to take your own challenge here. Give to God first and your needs will be met. I truly believe that He teaches that. We've seen it come true in our family hundreds of times. It takes faith...but your faith is rewarded. I'm going to check out these sites you have here....Families who adopt have a special place in my heart! :)
I've tagged you for a game if you want to play, but don't feel like you have to.
http://crispy-not-crunchy.blogspot.com/2009/05/ive-been-tagged-rivka-from-coffee-and.html
Post a Comment