well...this seems so simple, but i have finally put my mind around what i need to do in regard to j-bob's diet.
first we have eliminated all sugar and white starches and most grains (keeping quinao flour in back pocket as needed as i have such a sensory sensitive child). i tried to do some home made fruit and juice popsicles but they caused j-bob's rash to flare up (at least i think...he also dipped into his daddy's toothpaste, but at least it is gluten free). so we are back to the basics.
i am going to try coconut flour, but if i need to will use quinoa flour in small amounts to cover his chicken. also, i am going to make various meat "puffs" aka meat balls that have veggies grated into them. i have made a ketchup he can tolerate, and it has a small amount of honey. he also will be getting green apple, celery, carrot sticks, and tahini with a tad of honey as snack. one time a day he is allowed air popped pop corn. we shall see. this drastically reduces his starches. after 2 weeks i will slowly add other food or take away as needed. from what i am reading pear juice doesn't seem to hurt. i am going to try "popsicles" with pear juice, avocados, and coconut milk...may or may not succeed.
supplements...ahhhh...the biggie. i have started back kirkman's pro bio gold...it's a hefty probiotic. we are on 2 capsules a day (for a few weeks) to try to crowd out the bad stuff. i am going to add digestive enzymes, a butter oil/CLO oil capsule, and his daily vitamin and companion powder over the next month. these are the basics...according to all i have put together. there is literally dozens of other things he may need, but i am hoping and praying that God will let this list do most of the work. it's really quite amazing what i have been ignoring this last year. i am thankful his skin is so reactive as skin reactions are so tangible.
i am happy to go into detail or link research as needed...esp if you are interested in name brands. i will let you know some successful recipes as we find them. just know this...every single person should drastically reduce if not piratically eliminate all sugar...at least in the white form. honey, agave nectar, and raw are healthier choices, but i am learning that stevia and xylitol are even better.
2 comments:
Oooo, girl. I am almost a week in.... I wanted some M&Ms so BAD the other day but I didn't cave! I DID find some cocoa covered almonds at Wally world! YUMMO!!! No sugar but the taste of chocolate! Thank you Lord! I have to admit, now that I am off the refined stuff, I don't miss it like I thought I would. We just bought coconut milk today (per Bailey Rose's request)..... she was, well, not impressed! We will try it over with a sweetner....and some strawberries. Love you guys!
Hey..checking in and wanting to know how Jayden is doing with his new diet. I have a friend who has Celiacs and I only see her once every couple of years. She stopped in town this week and was talking about how things have improved so much over the last few years for gluten free eating. (she's in her 50's) She mentioned that General Mills has several gluten free cereals and how nice that is not to have to pay big bucks at a health food store. Anyway...I've been thinking about you guys! :)
Post a Comment