My Quivers

My Quivers

Friday, September 18, 2009

husbands

I just have to take a moment. Marriage is not for the faint of heart. Marriage with children requires a bit more. Marriage with a special needs child...just a bit more. And then there is marriage with a home schooling, college finishing, crazy wife who insists on learning to knit, sew, and garden at the age of 32! Well...where exactly does that leave the husband?

I can only tell you where it leaves my husband...right smack dab in the center of our hearts.

There is something about this tenth year we are nearing...I am finally "getting" it...love that is.

What did he do that was so darn special to warrant his own blog entry...the very first blog entry in a week...what was so earth rocking special that in lieu of indulging upon the much needed-illusive sleep has me choosing instead to peck away at my pc?

He did the dishes...

He did them "just because".

Just because I was coming home after the third "double play date" as J-Bob fondly refers to them...a third play date that was preceded by J-Bob's autism moment the day before of waking me at 4:30 am head banging my pillow because his beloved transformer toy would not TWANSFORWM!!! Preceded to me staying up until 1:00 AM trying to figure out my stupid anatomy and physiology and protein synthesis and stages of mitosis...ARGH...preceded to me re-vamping our school schedule and changing it all up...one gets the picture.

I was exhausted...my kiddos were exhausted...our third double playdate ended in me having a full blown mommy meltdown and leaving with the kiddos...ordering all of us to the table for immediate consumption of much needed food...and then placing everyone into a respective bed for much needed REST...but the brilliant light in this story was the reflection from not only having the dishwasher unloaded and re-loaded...but the counters were...SHINING!

He does this often...and he also keeps up with the laundry...and he also gives me insisted upon time alone...and he also works so hard for us so that we can live out my heart's desire: raising out of the box God loving kiddos...while falling in love with the man of my dreams all over again!!

Oh...and I almost never ever have to pump my own gas!! This my darlings...is how a crazy-hippie- chic ended up (happily) with a down-to-earth-jock!!

5 comments:

Emily P said...

Ooooo Girl! I got me one of these Super Hot Men! Actually, it is one man in particular! And I second that and shout out an AMEN!!! I LOVE me a man that will do the dishes and other things to spoil me ROTTEN! Soak it up and enjoy life.... Glad to be Grateful!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

What a blessing! AND, you deserve it!!!
Happy Weekend!
Jill

Betsy Brock said...

Sounds like he's a keeper! ;)

Heather said...

love this post. we might be twins. ;)

M. Christensen said...

So glad you have that blessing!!