The kiddos are into that silly name-rhyme game in which one changes up the first sound of someone's name.
Mom-mom-bo-bom-banana-fana-bo-bom-me-mi-mo-mom-moooom
We cycle through every favorite person and pet imaginable in about a thirty minute time frame. Well, today Mermaid came running into the room breathless from going through her own list of favorite animals and excitedly exclaimed: Mom, Mom...do God!!!!!!
I paused. I was initially stuck in "grown up mind". I was worried that doing "God's name" would somehow be sacrilegious or wrong. I mean...He IS...the I AM. Am I really allowed to do His name to the name game song? Then I un-paused...realizing that my daughter is so in love with Him, that she cannot wait to add Him to her list of favorite people...I mean...He was mixed in there with the dogs...her most holy of holy. When we were finished she left...then she came running back in the room and further announced: Mom, Mom...do you think God is laughing?? Her smile was incredible. I asked her if she was happy thinking about Him and playing her favorite game with Him...she nodded gleefully..."well then, I bet He is!"
We do history starting from Genesis for our home school. Going through history...the Bible...is so profoundly exciting when you do it with your children. I have never experienced God like I am experiencing Him through the fresh unconditional eyes of my precious children. I look forward to reading my Bible in One Year Blog this year...whereas, last year, it was just something to accomplish (I didn't even get through Jan). God is a Hero, a knight in shining armor. His-tory is a beautiful love story...written for us...it's tragic, epic, life changing.
God-God-bo-bod-bana-fana-fo-fod-me-mi-mo-mod-GOOODDD
How I love Him so!!
1 comment:
awwww...if we could all just love Him so... simply, playfully, unconditionally, with everything we have... that really is ALL He asks of us! You have touched my heart and I am sure I will be singing the name game song to my dogs today. :-D Be safe and be blessed this icy, winter day.
Post a Comment