My Quivers

My Quivers

Friday, June 11, 2010

summer goals

In no particular order and this is so much more for me than anyone else (I have started this list seven different times on various scrap pieces of paper) I am posting my summer goals.

  • Table manners
  • Kids in the kitchen-kids help me prepare dinner every night
  • daily exercise as a family
  • family movie night
  • one craft activity every afternoon with kiddos
  • create a boredom busters jar
  • continue with one hour of "school" each day
  • tend to garden...learn to can!!
  • J-Bob's food goals (eat seven new foods regularly by the end of summer)
  • kids sleeping in their own beds through the night (yes they are seven and five...besides beyond picky eating this has been autism's biggest weapon against our family)
  • stop using paper towels (use cloth napkins for hands and old rags and unmatched socks for cleaning)
  • start making my own cleaning agents
  • regularly scheduling date/prayer night with OA (weekly)
  • post pictures of my creations before summer is OVER...hahaha...yeah right...no really...I want to show off...I must do this!
  • finish kiddo's school planning for next year
  • begin marathon training (build up to 30 miles a week)
It seems like I am forgetting some, but it feels so good to post this as it is accountability for me. I really cannot wait to start crossing those puppies off!

And as a side note, OA has given me 30 days of being GFCF. He is one week into it and ALREADY seeing positive results; most noticeably the little tiny bumps on his arm are disappearing. I cannot wait for the end of the month to do the challenge test. I am actually worried that his reaction might be quite severe.

I have had to add meat back into my diet...actually...I don't HAVE to do anything BUT...for the first time in seven years my entire family is eating the same way. Last night I had so much fun cooking one big dinner...gone are the days of separate meals. I have the rest of my life to be a vegan...for now...I am simply enjoying the fellowship of sharing a like-plated meal with my darling little family.

No comments: