My Quivers

My Quivers

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

5 things

Well...this is some homework given by an amazing friend/sister when I was having a rather down day and a bit sick of all life's trials:

Find 5 things to thank God for that i wouldn't normally experience if it weren't for where i am right now...i chose autism.

1. Without autism...I would have most likely never discovered my incredible passion for running...which has revealed a strength and fortitude I did not realize I possessed.

2. Without autism...I would have never fully understood the power of food and chemicals to the human body.

3. Thanks to autism I see people differently...I use sensory goggles...I try to never take for granted those who struggle with social awkwardness.

4. Thanks to autism...I have learned to give up MY plans...learned to (mostly) rest in today's beauty...today's blessings...today's trials. I have learned to trust in a God who loves my child even more than I...and will always be with him...even when I cannot.

5. Autism has brought me into another world...a world of incredible children who have captured my heart...a world of like-minded moms fighting for the same thing...the life and mind of our babies...our boys and girls...our future men and women...moms who have turned out to be the most incredible friends that I could ever ask for. A world in which my non-conforming soul can soar...as my children are so out-side-the-box...it almost hurts...but in a mostly good way. A world that has brought my husband and I closer to each other than we ever dreamed.

Big sigh...I am feeling thankful. It has been a week's time since my emotional breakdown...what I needed most was to crawl in my Father's lap...and by His grace and mercy...He provided just such opportunity. May you all find joys in your trials...I cannot remember who I was before the diagnosis...and wouldn't trade places with her for all the money in the world.

Just for over achievement....

6. I am most thankful for the amazing-precious-most-innocent-minded-young-man who has captivated me with his life from day one...may I continue to learn love, sincerity, and joy from my sweet sweet son.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

your gratitude here is contagious.