My Quivers

My Quivers

Thursday, June 4, 2009

day 3...confessions

can i just say...barely audible...i am soo sore!!!! so very sore...it hurts to...breathe! who knew a 20 sec plank...no that was not a typo...i said second...not minute!!

today started off nicely with a hemp smoothie...can i just say...i don't care how granola you are...it takes a bit of...tweaking...to like hemp milk...but when a sistah can't have soy...

which leads me to my next confession...i had a soy latte...i had been 2 and 1/2 days coffee free...yesterday was a killer in the fake energy level...but the burning of my skin to the point of near tears...a lesson in why i have to give up soy...altogether...sigh.

i hate to confess that i...the very bad derailed vegan...ate 3 of those mini burgers from burger king...YIKES...i am embarrassed to say it...we are regulars at BK...talk about confessions...they are the only fast food that has gfcf french fries and burger patties...and it's the granola mama treat when i am feeling like being a bad granola mama...(and sometimes...when i am really feeling rebellious...i throw away paper and plastic...shhhhh...you'll only hear that once!)

ok...so for tonight's dinner...the kiddos are having sweet potato french fries and mermaid will also have slice of turkey...i...i am not even sort of hungry...my skin burns...my head hurts...and i feel like cow carcass...i guess i am what i eat...but is BK really qualified as cow meat? so lots of water...and OA is away thumping up the perfect watermelon (and i am telling on him...he bought himself a frozen pizza and candy!! that man is some kinda addicted to chemicals...i think he is rebelling his wife)!

as for exercise...AYE AYE AYE...we are going to do push ups, plank, and general ab stuff...that should be fun...seeing as it hurts to pee or tie my shoes!!!

tomorrow...i plan to get my run in! wish me luck!!

5 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

I don't even know what 'plank' is. Maybe I don't want to know. :)

Is there such a thing as gfcf granola? You might have to change your name! tee-hee!

granolachic said...

oh...good one betsy! i like that!! gfcfsf granola chic!...hmmm...i see the shirts already!

a plank is when you position yourself similar to a pushup but don't move up or down...hold your body still...it is so hard...and quite humbling when your body convulses ridiculously after said 20 sec!!

Emily P said...

Do you do an extended plank or "alligator style" (on your elbows)? For me the alligator is tougher. You go girl! I am proud of ya!

Cheryl Pitt said...

Go granola! You're an inspiration girl! I should try the plank. You've hit gold, a full body work out in 20 seconds, oh yeah!!

We're opposites, I've never been much for soy milk. Sorry you're having a tough time with hemp milk, I love it! Not so much as a stand alone drink but yummy in smoothies, baking and with Kahlua! :)

Betsy Brock said...

Oh dear...just the thought of a plank makes my muscles sore. I guess I'll stick to the crunches for now! ;)

feel better!