So, I must have a sign that is behind my back that others can read that I cannot see. My entire life I have seemed to invite everyone's comments and thoughts and opinions into my world. I do love people. I do value differences. I do struggle with boundaries and learning where and when and how to draw them.
It's been festering in me for a few years now, because I am learning that there is nothing "Godly" about me allowing people to sin against me and then causing me to sin against them in my anger and bitterness and resentment. Now that I have 4 children to fight for Spiritually, mentally, physically, and educationally, etc...ly, I have not the time nor the energy to entertain or invite rude, even if well-intentioned, comments.
Us weirdos must stick together...in the name of Jesus. Living IN the world but not OF the world gets exhausting. It hurts to feel so weird all the time. I even start to think I am wrong and feel my standards mentally slip until my Spirit snaps me back into focus.
So here are my boundaries about some things that keep coming up causing
me to be literally red in the cheeks hours later. I am actually not
even speaking this as much for me, as I am for the precious person(s)
who may lack the INCREDIBLE support Soul-sisters that I have and is
crying and feeling isolated and alone.
Something I will never apologize or intentionally compromise on is living a life based on what God has called ME (aka MY values are not a judgement of YOUR values) to do.
My biological children have not suffered in vain through this process, rather they are learning what it TRULY looks and feels like (painful sometimes) to pick up the cross and follow Him.
Likewise, I will not pity my adopted children to the point of compromise. They will survive being raised by a Mama who loves the Lord with all her heart, all her mind, and all her soul. It will NOT kill them to be welcomed into a family who home schools, doesn't want their teenagers to have i-phones, and doesn't cater to material possessions ESP when that "idol" becomes more important than people (and you can be this way without wearing Mom-jeans and puff painted sweatshirts)...and being orphans of the state most their lives they have probably never had any one take the time to teach that GODLY value.
I truly appreciate all who have expressed concerns to any and all of the above in the last several months. BUT, I'll raise my children the way God has called me. It is tiring enough worrying about my own. I have no idea how people find the time to "worry" about anyone else's...and if you have such vast amounts of time...there are millions of children without families in this world who would love to fill it!
3 comments:
;) There's the fiesty Heather Bush I have come to know! God doesn't call every family to every thing you do. Not every Mon could handle the precious cargo you've been blessed to carry. I have never understood how negative people can get when your values are different from their own. I've dealt with my share of it from my own family already, and I haven't lived out every difference in opinion yet. Bracing myself for the day my home opens to beautiful children and they see just HOW different our views are on child-rearing! Thank you for posting from your heart. I pray I never discourage anyone in following their God-given convictions!
;) There's the fiesty Heather Bush I have come to know! God doesn't call every family to every thing you do. Not every Mon could handle the precious cargo you've been blessed to carry. I have never understood how negative people can get when your values are different from their own. I've dealt with my share of it from my own family already, and I haven't lived out every difference in opinion yet. Bracing myself for the day my home opens to beautiful children and they see just HOW different our views are on child-rearing! Thank you for posting from your heart. I pray I never discourage anyone in following their God-given convictions!
;) There's the fiesty Heather Bush I have come to know! God doesn't call every family to every thing you do. Not every Mon could handle the precious cargo you've been blessed to carry. I have never understood how negative people can get when your values are different from their own. I've dealt with my share of it from my own family already, and I haven't lived out every difference in opinion yet. Bracing myself for the day my home opens to beautiful children and they see just HOW different our views are on child-rearing! Thank you for posting from your heart. I pray I never discourage anyone in following their God-given convictions!
Post a Comment