My Quivers

My Quivers

Thursday, February 5, 2009

the blues

yeah, i got em.

they are every where...even in the big beautiful blue sky...except the sky can smile through the clouds when it's blue.

i lit some candles and prayed for people other than myself.

i watched house...it def didn't help...as cuddy is faced with the same question i always struggle with: can I be a mother...aka...mommy...AND...a professional.

i know many who can...but i am not many...my heart is (usually) with my children. but while my heart is very much in love...there are those days that bring even the best of moms to her knees...i question...and then my dearest well-intentioned husband says something to the effect of: yeah right, you want to be home all the time...

and i crumble...because...he's right. i can't find my balance.

or rather...i can't keep my balance. though i am beginning to think that's just the way God likes me to be...a bit off balance...so i will learn to reach out, take His hand, and rely on Him.

sigh...do my children have to keep growing up soooo fast?

1 comment:

Devoted said...

Praying for others always helps me. And I think you are right...He wants to keep us a bit off balance so we trust in Him and not ourselves. At least when others look at me funny (because I am acting off balance) I just smile and tell them I am trusting in God. He stills the storms of life and chases the blues away...Sometimes life is just so difficult, isn't it?

I had a wonderful professional life but I turned around and now my oldest is 30 and my baby is stationed in Missouri. I wonder now if it was all worth it?

Of course, I know I don't have to tell you...God will lead you in the way you should go.

Lifting you up until the skys are "sonny" again. :-D