My Quivers

My Quivers

Friday, February 5, 2010

Great newly discovered blog!

The year of Jay-Bob's diagnosis I picked up knitting. There's something soothing about the clink-swish-clink-swish-yarn-between-my-fingers. I would get lost in knit and purl stitches...started sharing my time on the local book stores special needs section's floor with the local hobby stores...I would pace the aisles of yarn...touching them and dreaming of what they could become...breathing in all of their possibilities.

Looking back it is so obvious the appeal of transforming a ball of yarn into a beautiful project was so similar to having a child trapped in his own mind. The gentle art of transformation...or not so gentle in the world of autism. The last few years have amazed me.

Anyhow, Jay-man is getting better; we will always have certain hurdles to jump and quirky characteristics that will forever linger, but I am finding in my projects that are the hardest to complete, fraught with frustrating do-overs, and left with several scars of my inadequacies that only I the creator and fellow more experienced crafters will notice are by far my most favorite!

Mermaid must have sensed that I love challenges...HA...as her non-diagnosable issues led me to sewing! In all seriousness, I have stumbled upon MANY AMAZING new blogs. There's just something about creative women! There are several on my blog list; be sure to take some time and get acquainted! There's one that has stuck out the most, and she is fast approaching her goal of 400 followers. Please take a moment to view her blog: Noodlehead. But beware...you may end up asking for a sewing machine for Valentine's Day!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I think we were separated at birth! I have been all over Noodlehead lately. I raided my kids crayon boxes and dug out an old candy mold today. They are getting fish shaped crayons for Valentine's Day!!!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

I love finding new blogs and reading about creative and loving women!