i just deleted the longest rant against chemical food dyes...i am too passionate about this to just rant...so i am going to do more hard nosed research in hopes that my extra efforts will convince several if not all of my faithful blog readers...all five of you...lol...to jump on my "down with red 40 and BHT" bandwagon...
i pick on those two the most (red40 and BHT) because they seem to be in dadgum near everything we government-has-our-best-interests-at-heart americans feed our children...
may it be noted that BHT is a derivative of petroleum oil...maybe we could get gas prices down if we weren't serving it in all our non-organic boxed cereal (thank you stcroixdayz for that comment)...
may it further be noted that i am not anti-government...i have simply come to the realization that it's my responsibility to educate myself not the governments...my public school education...well...sigh...let's just save that for another blog...
may it further be further noted i am not all together against public schools...just against the government creating a mandatory day care that requires a five year old to submit to a full-time job's schedule...
wow...i sound exceptionally cynical tonight...i think it's the red40 from my tribute last bowl of ice cream...
ok...so this turned into another rant...considerably less informative than the previous...but i am too tired to start again...dadgum red40...
5 comments:
Ki isn't supposed to have ANY artificial flavors or colors. after 3 yrs of strict NONE, he can have it occassionally, but we are very careful with them and only on school breaks.
I was just talking to my dental hygeniest about this today (well, I listened most of the time becuse she had her hands and very sharp instruments in my mouth), I can definately tell the difference in Zephryn's behavior when he's fed "simply" and when he's not. ALL of my kids have a hard time concentrating when they eat pre packaged stuff. Its scary stuff.
I must say I'm a little disappointed that you deleted it! I was all psyched up for a granola-rant! :) When my boys were younger, they drank a gallon of red koolaid every day! We cut it from their diet when we switched doctors and started to treat their candida yeast. I was amazed even a year later to wipe something down in the kitchen that doesn't get the normal cleaning, like a window frame or a ceiling light fixture in our house and the dust would be pink! It took me a while to figure out that it was koolaid powder!....just the dust that floated away in the air when I made it! Isn't that amazing! Anyway, I couldn't tell that the dye affected my boys, but the yeast was really making them crave the sugary drink. I did read somewhere years ago that the red dye severely affects some kids, even throwing them into rages, tantrums and self-injurious behavior. It's almost like an allergic reaction to them. Anyway...I'll look forward to your entry once you've researched it more. We haven't cut it out...it is in cereals and candy....so I'll look forward to what you have to say about it.
does this include skittles or m&m's?? OH MY! those are my very favs!
OMG! I made a gallon per day for my kids, just to keep the coke consumption down. Didn't even put as much sugar as called for,,,trying to be a good mom.
Post a Comment