so, i have been busy gardening...my first real garden...the best part is that it's right in my front yard! we ripped up the much loathed bushes from my "flower bed" and got busy laying down layers of newspaper...planting a few butterfly attracting flowers, caterpillar hosting herbs, and yes...squash and sweet potatoes (for the family)...we added a beautiful bright purple flower...can't remember the name...but mermaid picked it out...she lovingly refers to it as the "mewrci fwower"...
the first week i bet i was spotted outside staring at my lovely garden at least 100 times throughout the day...i can hear it now...what does she do?? what on earth is she looking at?? glad some people don't have to work for a living!!
the best part is when i get on my hands and knees to see if the seeds i have planted have grown any more in the last...i don't know...two hours...?
but where are the butterflies?? didn't they get my memo...ummm...excuse me...butterflies...we now have a garden just for you...come on...we're waiting...really...waiting...watching out the window like a freak waiting...no i am not spying on you, dear neighbor...just waiting...one gets the picture...
well...guess what...one lovely butterfly did in fact get the memo...and (s)he loves the mermaid's purplish flower!! oh, glorious day! (before having my own baby i marveled at the hours that could be spent staring at one's precious bundle of joy...much is the same with a garden...and dear betsy...i drool over your blooms!)
dear butterfly...oh thank you for enjoying our garden...please don't mind me as i stare...marvel...obsess over you...please...do tell your friends...or i will be forced to start a new project: hummingbirds...my heart's beating a bit faster already...
4 comments:
oh what a pretty flower! I'm glad the butterflies are finally coming, its always nice when hard work pays off :-D I love hummingbirds, but red is my favorite color and I wear it often so when they are around and I'm out weeding I get buzzed constantly :-P lol
Yea! The garden sounds just lovely! I can't believe that butterfly picture...it looks like it's from a gardening magazine! (just don't tell me that Jayden took it! LOL) I'm sure the hummingbirds are right behind the butterflies! :)
What, we have a garden. I was wondering were you have been for the past couple of weeks. ;) Just playing, I'm proud of you and our flower/vegtable /herb garden.
Be patient, they will come.
Post a Comment