My Quivers

My Quivers

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

can i get a do over?

well...i survived my morning with no coffee...the afternoon was nearly impossible...i could feel the grumpy bug biting...then my phone rang...my beautiful non-blog reading friend was asking what kind of a coffee i wanted...she was on her way to my house...and at the coffee shop...

drum roll...my reply: double shot mocha...no make it a milky way...who's working...oh, tyler...tell him to surprise me!! just make it two shots...

ok...i caved...but i figure...i couldn't hurt my dear friend's feelings!! besides...i just kicked the ambien habit this week...let's tackle one chemical dependency one chemical at a time...hmmm...speaking of coffee...

3 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Good for you! And I'm sticking to my belief that caffeine is not a chemical. It's a God-created, natual substance that has helped many a mom survive! Just don't drink it later than the afternoon and you probably won't need your ambien anymore! What a sweet friend you have to call you from the coffee shop! :)

stace41971 said...

ACK! No COFFEE??? I think my heart would stop pumping the blood to my brain if I quit my coffee addiction. You are a brave, brave woman. I tried to stop coffee a couple of times..the headaches were killer...although I actually felt better physically ( I have acid relfux or something like it...great thing to be adding caffine to eh? lol). I keep telling myself eventually I'll do it...Maybe when you kick it and talk about how much better you feel and how you dont miss it, it will inspire me to follow suit :-)

Alison said...

i relapsed this week too...